RX station USB offload tool
The RX station USB offload tool is a utility available to enable users to offload data from RX2100 and RX3000 series stations in the event of failed data uploads due to poor or non-existent cellular signal.
Note: This utility is intended to be used to enable access to data in the event of unforeseen connection failures. RX3000 and RX2100 series stations require an internet connection for proper set up and deployment.
This utility pulls data back to the last start event, the last wrap event or last configuration change.
How it works:
- Push Cloud button on station
- Connect the USB cable to the station
- Start utility
- Click “Connect to the RX device”
- Click “Offload RX Device”
- Once complete, select “Disconnect from RX device”
Requirements and Limitations:
- This utility is for local data offload onto a pc via a USB connection. This utility is not capable of performing set up and deployment functions. Available for Windows only, no Mac support.
- Requires .net
- Provides data file in .csv only
- Data downloaded in SI units only
- No scaling of analog module input units. These must be scaled after download
- No statistics for analog module
- No calculated channel data is downloaded
HOBOnode Viewer Utility
This is a legacy product that has been discontinued. Contact Customer Service for assistance. HOBOnode Viewer Utility is used to setup and manage your wireless HOBOnode network.
- Displays real-time graphs of temperature and soil moisture conditions
- Graphs can display data for the last day/week
- Provides alarm notifications to your cell phone, e-mail, or PC when temperature and/or soil moisture conditions exceed set thresholds
- Auto Search feature finds any sensors and links them to the network
- Easy export to HOBOware® Pro, spreadsheets or other programs
Operating Systems Requirements:
- Windows® XP SP2 or SP3 (Not Mac OS compatible at this time)
- Windows Vista®
- Windows 7
- Microsoft® .NET 4.0 full install or higher
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
- 32 or 64 bit PC
- Pentium3® CPU 2Ghz or greater
- 1 Gigabyte of RAM or greater
- 100 Megabytes free disk space
- USB Port
- Direct Internet access for alarms
A typical HOBOnode system includes:
Notes on Installing and running HOBOnode Viewer on Windows Vista® or Windows 7:
- To install HOBOnode Viewer on a PC running Windows Vista, right-click on the installer and select Run as administrator.
- For Vista Home or Windows 7, to run the application, right-click on the HOBOnode Viewer Utility.exe and select Run as administrator.
- For Vista Pro, you can run the application as in Vista Home, or you can disable User Access Controls from the Control Panel > Security Center.
HOBO Network Setup Utility (140K)
HOBO NetSetup* is used to configure the U30 Wi-Fi's network parameters such as:
- Static IP Address or DHCP
- Network Name (SSID)
- Network Password
- Network Encryption
All U30 Wi-Fi customers must use this program to allow the U30 to connect to their network (even if unsecured).
NOTE: To run the HOBO NetSetup utility to configure a HOBO U30/Wi-Fi, you must have Microsoft .NET Framework (version 4.0 or above) installed on your PC. To determine if you have this installed on your PC, go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs ( on Win 7 - Start > Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features ) and see if it is in the list of currently installed programs. If you have version 4.0 or above installed, you can proceed with the download of the HOBO NetSetup utility.
HOBO Network Setup Utility (140K)*
* NOTE: Requires Microsoft XP, Vista and 32/64-bit Windows 7 along with the Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.0 or greater. Macintosh support is not available at this time.
TT8 and TT8v2 Windows-based Programming Tools
TxBasic v5.00 for Model 8 data loggers
This version of TxBasic is only for the Model 8 family of Tattletale loggers. This archive is password protected. Please contact Onset Computer Corporation for the password. This archive contains TxBasic version 5.00.
Download TxBasic v5.00 for Model 8 data loggers
TxTools v5.00 for Model 8 data loggers
(Windows) This is a Windows-based version of TxTools for use with Model 8 loggers loaded with TxBasic 5.00 and above.
Download TxTools v5.00 for Model 8 data loggers
CrossCut v1.01 for Model 8 data loggers
(Windows) Windows-based version of CrossCut for use with Metrowerks CodeWarrior™ for Palm OS (version 8.x, 9.0) C Compiler. This program is password protected. Please contact Onset Computer Corporation for the password.
Download CrossCut v1.01 for Model 8 data loggers
Tattletale Model 8 C Libraries and sample projects
(Windows) For installation instructions download Tattletale Model 8 (C Language) Addendum Windows-based TT8 Libraries and sample projects for use with Metrowerks CodeWarrior™ for Palm OS (version 8.x, 9.0) Compiler. This program is password protected. Please contact Onset Computer Corporation for the password.
Download Tattletale Model 8 C Libraries and sample projects
Datafile display program for Tattletale OFFLD'd files
Generic binary file viewer
Download HexDump V1.02
Onset Example Programs
These example programs are provided by Onset to facilitate program development. Onset makes no claim as to their functionality, correctness, or suitability for any application, and can not be held liable for any problems, loss or damages resulting from their use. In choosing to use this software, the user does so at his/her own risk, assuming full responsibility for any and all problems, loss, or damage resulting from its use. Furthermore, Onset does not provide any technical support with regard to these programs.
Tattletale TTBASIC Examples
Tattletale TxBASIC Examples
H8 File Converter
This unreleased application:
- has been made available on the internet in its current, untested form at the request of customers who wish to convert the external measurement in their datafile.
- has no help file available, but it does come with an installation program.
- only works with the H8 family of loggers and will only convert the external channel readings from volt to temp, or visa versa.
- To use this program, after the install, simply drop the .dtf file that needs to be converted onto the program. The rest is self explanatory.
- The released, tested application is included in BoxCar Pro version 4.0.
LogUtil v3.7 program files & documentation
- This compressed zip file contains LogUtil, version 3.7 and help files.
- This DOS utility performs many of the functions of BoxCar Pro for Windows, such as launch, readout, export, etc.
HOBO H8 Pro Series Archive Reader Utility & documentation
- This is a compressed self-extracting file that contains ArchRead, version 1.0 (distributed with BoxCar Pro 3.5 and 4.0) and documentation.
- This Windows 95/NT utility allows you to offload archived data from the HOBO H8 Pro Series data loggers.