Part Number - W-SMC
HOBOnode Soil Moisture - Wireless Sensor
HOBOnode sensors monitor temperature and soil moisture conditions and wirelessly transmit the data back to your computer. Easy to deploy soil moisture wireless sensor
HOBOnode sensors monitor temperature and soil moisture conditions and wirelessly transmit the data back to your computer.
- Fast, easy deployment - sensor's compact size, integrated solar-rechargeable battery makes deployment a snap.
- .0 to 100% soil moisture range
- Software provides real-time graphs and alarms to cell phones or local PC; data can be exported for use in other programs.
- 150 to 300 m (500 to 1000 ft) range with clear line-of-sight. Repeaters are available to extend range.
- Research-grade reliability and accuracy
- Complete system requires: Receiver, Sensor, HOBOnode Viewer software. A Repeater is required for greater distances.(sold separately)
- Includes bracket for convenient mounting on pole or stake
Country of Origin
- Measurement Range:0 to 100% volumetric water content (m^3/m^3)
- Accuracy - 3.1% (m^3/m^3)
- Resolution - 0.07% (m^3/m^3)
- Sample rate -1 reading per minute
- Battery life - 1 yr typical w/o charging; 3 yrs typical w/ solar charging
- Size -16.5cm x 5cm; 3.7m cable to sensor (6.5" x 2"; 12' cable)
- Memory - None in HOBOnodes; requires HOBOnode Viewer to be running for data storage.
- Transmission range - 150 to 300 m (500 to 1000 ft) range with clear line-of-sight. Any obstructions such as vegetation or walls will reduce range significantly.
- Wireless Data Standard - IEEE 802.15.4, 2.4 GHz ISM band (license free worldwide) - Click here for local RF Regulation Compliance
- Operating Range -20° to 50°C (-4° to 122°F) - with optional Lithium Batteries: -40° to 50°C (-40° to 122°F) - Use optional Lithium Batteries in low-temerature and high-temperature applications.
- Environmental rating - HOBOnodes and Receiver: NEMA 6P, IP68; Repeater: NEMA 4X
Customers Also Bought
The largest, most durable airline-legal carry-on available, the 1510 Pelican case provides safe and convenient transport of your HOBO data logging equipment. Watertight, crush-proof, and dust-proof.
Solar Radiation Shield
Use the RS3-B Solar Radiation Shield with HOBO external sensors for improved temperature measurement accuracy in locations exposed to sunlight
EC5 Soil Moisture Smart Sensor
An affordable soil moisture smart sensor with a two-tine design for easy installation; integrates the field-proven ECH2O™ EC-5 Sensor and a 12-bit A/D. An affordable soil moisture smart sensor with a two-tine design for easy installation; integrates the field-proven ECH2O™ EC-5 Sensor and a 12-bit A/D.
10HS Soil Moisture Smart Sensor
Measures soil moisture over a large volume of soil; integrates the field-proven 10HS Sensor and a 12-bit A/D; ±3% accuracy in most soils conditions, ±2% accuracy with soil-specific calibration.