Below are the recommended steps to establish communication with an eGauge when the eGauge Ethernet port is directly connected to the Ethernet port of a computer, and the eGauge is configured for DHCP. Note that Ethernet to USB dongles may require additional configuration not covered here.
1. Configure the computer's Ethernet port to a static IP address of 192.168.1.11. The exact steps to do this vary, depending on the operating system of the computer. For Windows, start the Control Panel, then select the Network and Sharing Center. For Linux, select System, then Administration, then Network Tools. For Mac OS X, click on the Apple menu's System Preferences, then on Network Control Panels.
2. Power-cycle the eGauge main unit. To do this, turn off the breaker(s), wait for five seconds, then turn them back on.
3. EG30xx will have a Status LED blinking green/cyan or blue/cyan. EG4xxx will show an Ethernet icon on the LCD display.
4. Open a browser on the computer and enter the address http://192.168.1.88 (http://192.168.1.88) into the browser's address bar (not the search bar), then press the Enter key.
5. At this point, you should be connected to the eGauge.
If the eGauge has a static IP address, modify the IP address set on the computer and the IP address used to access the eGauge in the steps above. For example, if an eGauge has been set to use a static IP of 10.1.10.50, the computer should be set to 10.1.10.11, and http://10.1.10.50 (http://10.1.10.50) should be entered into the browser address bar.