Part Number - W-SYS-FR
HOBOnode Wireless Frost Alarm Starter System
HOBOnode Wireless Frost Alarm Starter System - W-SYS-FR
The HOBOnode Wireless Frost Alarm System, which combines a wireless temperature sensor, receiver, and free software (web download), provides a simple, cost-effective way to monitor frost and ice conditions. The system can wirelessly transmit air temperature readings to a PC, and provide audible and visual alarm notifications via cell phone text messaging and email when frost conditions occur. The wireless frost alarm system also makes it easy for you to view current temperature readings, as well as temperature trends over time.
Click to learn more about our HOBOnode Wireless Sensors.
- Wireless sensor transmits current field conditions to your PC
- To aid in frost control, the accompanying free software provides alarm notifications to your cell phone, e-mail, or PC.
- HOBOnode Repeaters available to extend range
- Additional Sensors can be easily added to a HOBOnode network
- A Mounting bracket and two zip ties are provided for both the HOBOnode Temp and HOBOnode Receiver
- Transmission range - HOBOnodes to receiver 300m (1000') range with clear line-of-sight. Any obstructions such as vegetation ro walls will reduce range significantally.
- Wireless Data Standard - IEEE 802.15.4, in the 2.4 GHz ISM band - Click here for local RF Regulation Compliance
- Environmental rating - NEMA 6P, IP68; (transmitter end)
- Operating range -40° to +50°C (-40° to 122°F)
- Receiver communication to PC - 1.8m (6') USB cable (extend with optional extension cables up to 80 feet)
- Max. Number of HOBOnodes and Repeaters - 50
- Receiver Battery Life: 3 yrs typical
- Receiver Power: USB powered with battery backup to retain network setup if PC is turned off. (Note that no data is stored in the reciever.)
- Dimensions: 16.5 x 5 cm (6.5" x 2")
HOBOnode Wireless Temperature Sensor
- Measurement Range: -40° to 100°C (-40° to 212°F)
- Accuracy - 0.22°C from 0 to 50°C (0.4°F from 32° to 122°F) - Note: For accurate temperatures in sunlight we recommend the use of our solar radiation shield. (RS3)
- Resolution - 0.025° at 25°C (0.045°F at 77°F)
- Response time - 3 minutes in air moving 1m/s; 30 seconds in water
- Sample rate -1 reading per minute
- Battery life - 1 yr typical w/o charging; 3 yrs typical w/ solar charging
- Size -16.5cm x 5cm; 3.7m cable to sensor (6.5" x 2"; 12' cable)
- Memory - None in HOBOnodes; requires HOBOnode Viewer to be running for data storage.
- Transmission range - HOBOnodes to receiver or repeater: 300m (1000') range with clear line-of-sight. Any obstructions such as vegetation ro walls will reduce range significantally.
- Wireless Data Standard - IEEE 802.15.4, 2.4 GHz ISM band (license free worldwide) - Click here for local RF Regulation Compliance
- Environmental rating - HOBOnodes: NEMA 6P, IP68; temperature sensor probe is rated for 1-year immersion in freshwater ≤ 50° C (122° F)
- Operating range- standard range: -20° to +50°C (-4° to 122°F) with optional lithium batteries: -40° to +50°C (-40° to 122°F)