Ideally based in Central California and reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the Ag Sales Development Manager - West Coast will be primarily responsible for driving future regional commercial Ag sales success while delivering on established expectations for the company across Ag-related HOBO business and channels. Included in this role is responsibility for guiding the company on market competitiveness, pricing, and channel strategies. This goal is achieved by providing sales excellence toward the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with the company’s vison and values.
This role sits at the cross-roads of Product Management, Strategy, and Sales Execution. The Ag manager will need to build a high sense of mission to ensure focus on the right activities, facilitate sales opportunities, and play a pivotal role in building long-term relationships and trust with customers and channel partners.
This home-office-based position will include working in a variety of agricultural environments with expectation of on-site interactions with growers, farm managers, and system integrators. Ag-related university collaboration will also be an important part of this responsibility.
- Create and execute sales strategies to meet all requirements, while achieving revenue and customer satisfaction
- Hire and lead external channel partners to achieve sales objectives
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with prospects, customers, and channel partners
- Identify, develop, and execute strategic Ag-related business opportunities in the region
- Meet regularly with key accounts and prospects to understand their evolving business needs and position product solutions to meet surfaced needs
- Maintain consistent communication and timely follow-up with customers and prospects and be available and responsive to customer’s real-time needs
- Integrate and execute Service, Application, Marketing, and Product Line initiatives for optimal Ag commercial success within the region
- Collaborate closely with HOBO corporate product management to ensure consistent alignment
- Align with the Ag HOBO business objectives through active participation in strategy, product ideas, and forecasting
- Develop an in-depth understanding of HOBO core products and utilize this knowledge to be successful within the region
- Be responsible and accountable for complying with Onset's CRM process
- Continuously expand customer and market understanding and use of HOBO product solutions and capabilities
- Attend conferences and professional association meetings to promote HOBO products and brand
The ideal candidate will be:
- A seasoned sales professional with an outstanding network into the California Agriculture arena, including end-users, universities, and channel partners, with a stellar reputation in the market
- A highly motivated individual with the capability and experience to strategically develop the market, win new customers, and deliver significant growth
- A very ambitious individual with a hunting mentality and a track record in achieving and overachieving challenging sales targets
Exposure to the Ag equipment technology market is required.
Education & Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA, or other relevant higher degree a plus
- At least five years of related experience working with Ag solutions and equipment
- Working experience with supporting, initiating, and growing sales channels
- Experience in the Ag-related university environment helpful, but not a must
- A highly energetic personality, eager to be in the front line to develop new business and grow the HOBO brand; flexible, adaptable to change, and resilient in overcoming challenges
- Performance-driven and entrepreneurial, with a commercial and customer-focused mindset
- Highly motivated and with "hands-on’" attitude; strong at initiating and maintaining effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, and group presentation skills
- Willingness to take on responsibility and own the results from beginning to execution
- Credible, mature, and experienced at operating at C-level in customer accounts, excellent networking skills, and ability to build up good relations at all levels
- Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
- Consultative selling and negotiation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally within the organization
- Strong computer and analytic skills, including experience creating and delivering client presentations using MS Office programs
- Proficient using CRM systems
- Fluent in English, fluency in Spanish could be an advantage
- Comfortable with working independently.
This position requires travel of up to 50% of the time.
Please contact us at Jobs@onsetcomp.com