As part of the Materials Group, the Shipping & Receiving clerk provides service and support to Production, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing, with a focus on inventory accuracy, quality, and 100% customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
The primary objective of this position is to ship sales orders accurately and on time, while controlling costs. Shipping Clerks are the last Onset employees to touch each order and product before our customers receive it. Timeliness, accuracy, and appearance are important "customer-satisfaction factors" that shipping clerks can affect.
The Shipping department's primary internal customer is the Sales department, while the primary external customer is the end user. In order to achieve 100% customer satisfaction of both internal and external customers, shipping department employees must be flexible and courteous when interacting with customers, as well as timely, efficient, and accurate in their work. In addition, the Shipping Clerk will be cross-trained to assist in Receiving as needed.
- Stock product in correct locations in the finished-goods stockroom
- Work with Sales to prioritize the sequence that sales orders and RMAs will be completed, per the sales order
- Pick the required items from the active shelves; orders are double-checked by the other shipping clerks
- Carefully pack orders into appropriately-sized boxes; assemble various products as starter kits, development kits, etc.
- Receive returned material RMAs into the system and forward paperwork and product to appropriate person or department
- Assist with weekly cycle counts and annual physical inventory
Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- This position is full time and does not require supervisory responsibility
- Attention to detail, communication, customer focus
- Decision-making and judgement, initiative and change
- Job knowledge and skills, problem solving, productivity and quality
- Self-development and teamwork
- High school diploma
- Attention to detail and familiarity with inventory control techniques and shipping methods
- The ability to plan work and handle and prioritize multiple tasks is importan
- Essential to be a flexible team player, willing to work where needed within the Materials Group as directed by the Shipping & Receiving manager
Physical Demands/Workplace Environment
- Frequent lifting of small to medium-sized packages, typically in the 2 to 10 pound range
- Occasional lifting of packages weighing 30 to 50 pounds
- Possibility of lifting packages weighing all the way up to a maximum of 150 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
No calls please. EEO/AA.
Please contact us at email@example.com