Celebrated on the fourth Sunday in September, World Rivers Day highlights the values of rivers and strives to increase public awareness and encourage improved stewardship of waterways around the world.
“Rivers are the arteries of our planet; they are lifelines in the truest sense.”
- Mark Angelo, founder of World Rivers Day
As we reflect on the importance of rivers to our ecosystem and as a vital natural resource, we salute those hydrologists, environmental researchers, activists, and others who work every day to protect rivers by addressing key issues, such as:
- Declining fish populations
- Threats from pollution, deforestation in watersheds, drought, and invasive species
- Climate change
Lots of Onset customers use HOBO data loggers to monitor and ultimately improve the health of rivers. Click on the links below to read some of their stories!
- Dam monitoring using the MicroRX Water Level Station
- Protecting and restoring the wild and scenic rivers of the Pacific Northwest
- Studying the safety of natural gas extraction from source rock in the Delaware River Basin
- Monitoring Yellowstone’s Watersheds to Create Sustainable Ecosystems and Forecast Environmental Changes
Want to Learn More?
See this overview of Onset’s field-proven water monitoring products.
And check out our family of HOBO water quality monitoring solutions, including loggers for measuring conductivity, salinity, pH, dissolved oxygen, and more.
Or discover our HOBO water level solutions, for accurate water level and flow data that support action-based decisions with easy access to analytical software.
Are YOU using HOBO data loggers to monitor water level or water quality in rivers?
Tell us about it! And you could be featured in an upcoming blog. Email email@example.com.