Java 8 Update 181 and HoboWare 3.7.5

I have the 3.7.5 version and my company is rolling out java 8 update 181 and I am testing but HoboWare will not open after I install the new Java. I get the error message: No JVM could be found on your system. Please define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed 64-bit JDK or JRE or download a JRE from Java.com Unfortunately, the Java update that is being pushed out uninstalls all previous versions of java. Is there a workaround in order to get this to run with the updated version of Java?

Comments & Subscriptions

Same problem. Latest version of Java. Same message: "Please define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed 64-bit JDK or JRE or download a JRE from Java.com" Do I need to have the 32 bit version as well as 64 bit? Don't know how to do that.
I had the same problem and did the following which worked. Downloaded latest version of Java which asked to delete the older version, selected yes. Went to Onset HOBO download and reinstalled the HOBOware Pro. The installation noted I did not have the Java run time necessary and asked if I wanted to install. Select yes. After reinstalling HOBOware the program runs anc communicates with my devices.

Comment or Subscribe

Comment on this
Credentials (your e-mail address will not be shown publicly)
This screen name is what will publicly represent you as a user.
This email address will not appear to the public. The username field will be used to identify you as a poster..
Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.
Subscribe to comments