ONSET INTRODUCES LEAF WETNESS SMART SENSOR
BOURNE, MA, August 17, 2005 — Onset Computer Corporation, a leading supplier of data loggers and weather stations, today introduced the Leaf Wetness Smart Sensor, a new plug-and-play sensor for the company's award-winning HOBO Weather Stations.
Designed to emulate the surface of a leaf, the Leaf Wetness Smart Sensor provides accurate leaf wetness data in a number of growing and research applications. For example, it can help growers determine the proper time for applying fungicides, and help researchers understand the impact of leaf moisture on plant disease. Key features include:
- Embedded sensor design
- eliminates the need for painting the sensor before using.
- Unique capacitive grid technology
- provides resistance to surface residues from chemicals, dust and other contaminants.
- Plug-in, modular connector
- enables easy connection to HOBO Weather Stations.
- Adjustable mounting bracket
- enables the sensor to be easily positioned to mimic the wet-dry characteristics of the plants being studied
The Leaf Wetness Smart Sensor is preconditioned to maximize long-term measurement consistency, and works with Onset's 15-channel HOBO Weather Station and 4-channel HOBO Micro Station. The sensor is available immediately from Onset for $99.
Onset Computer Corporation
1-800-564-4377 / 508-759-9500
Onset is a leading supplier and trusted manufacturer of data loggers and monitoring solutions used to measure, record, and manage data for improving the environment and preserving the quality of temperature-sensitive products. Based on Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Onset has been designing and manufacturing its products on site since the company's founding in 1981.