The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for identifying and qualifying new business opportunities, maximizing sales growth potential, and working within the Onset’s Sales team (Outbound Sales Specialists, Account Development Managers, Channel Managers) to secure new business. Additionally, the position is responsible for providing product selection assistance to customers. The Technical Sales Representative reports to the Sales Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree required (business and/or technical).
- 1 to 3 years of experience, preferably in a technical sales role.
- Excellent communication, listening, and telephone skills.
- Energetic – self-starter
- Team oriented, people oriented, and a relationship builder; enthusiastic, confident, and mature
- Reliable and resilient; able to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to travel from time to time to support exhibiting at trade shows
- Proficient with basic Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Effectively manage all new business leads in order to identify and target new business opportunities; follow up on all customer inquiries directed towards the Sales department related to product selection and application assistance; qualify resulting opportunities by understanding the customers’ application, product usage, market strategy, and production requirements
- Provide product selection and application assistance to both internal and external customers, including Sales team members, new and prospective customers, and Onset’s authorized distributor personnel
- Partake in ongoing self-development by identifying focus areas within your current role or opportunities to advance personal career ladder, including the attendance of external sales training workshops; work with the Sales Manager to create and implement corresponding development plan(s)
- Identify trends in customer and market activity; provide feedback to Product Marketing Team, along with recommendations for product development and market approach
- Document all customer-facing activity via the Salesforce.com Customer Relationship Management system; plan, notate, and execute pertinent business activities (i.e. meetings, telephone conversations, quotes, etc.); use the Salesforce.com opportunity-management module to characterize and communicate new business opportunities and prepare periodic forecast updates
- Utilize Onset’s Material Replenishment Planning system (SyteLine) in order to support all customer inquiries as they relate to product pricing and procurement in support of new business opportunities
EEO/AA. No calls please.