The SMT Process/ Mechanical Engineer, a technical leader for surface-mount and automated soldering processes in Operations, will: improve automated and manual processes through data collection and analysis, train production personnel in programming and maintenance of automated assembly equipment, and work closely with personnel to achieve best practices and quality of product.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support automated equipment in the SMT area; serve as a resource for personnel in that area
- Oversee and sign off new programs and package development on SMT equipment
- Identify, justify, and implement capital expenditures in Operations
- Research, recommend, and purchase future capital equipment for manufacturing
- Develop a controlled maintenance program for manufacturing capital equipment, including schedules and procedural documentation
- Train personnel as appropriate
- Provide feedback and support to Engineering on new product designs transitioning to manufacturing
- Support DFM DFT guidelines by providing information regarding manufacturability, special process requirements, techniques, and tooling on new or improved products
- Implement and support new processes and process improvements for manufacturing
- Collect data, identify, and assist in resolution of non-conformance issues
- Implement, support, and sustain the 5S Lean Manufacturing methodology
Secondary Job Responsibilities
- Support and advocate DFM Guidelines in Operations and Engineering
- Implement changes through ECO processes
- Create, modify, and support internal documentation
- Research latest technologies, standards, and processes
- Work with production trainer to ensure consistent training of personnel
- Strong electromechanical aptitude, schematics, PLDs, work instructions, BOMs
- Work with minimal supervision
- Work effectively; prioritize and coordinate tasks
- Multi-tasking; time-management skills
- Detail-oriented, disciplined, and organized
- Educated and experienced with SMT PTH automated-assembly equipment
- Knowledge of products, components, part markings, MSL, and MSD devices.
- Understands the ECO ECN process
- BSME with 5+ years of hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills; Windows XP2000, Linux, MS Office Suite, Visio etc.
- ESD IPC Certified SMTA Certified Process Engineer
This position is full time and does not require supervisory responsibility.
- Attention to detail, communication, customer focus
- Decision-making and judgement, initiative and change
- Job knowledge and skills, problem solving, productivity and quality
- Self-development and teamwork
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Office employees must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Light-assembly employees, engineers, and warehouse employees must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
No calls please. EEO/AA.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org