The Root Cause Analysis Technician will provide critical information to improve the quality, performance, and dependability of Onset products. Onset develops and sells data loggers across a spectrum of environmental markets.
- Work directly with and report to the Sustaining Engineering team lead and apply problem-solving techniques to identify root cause analysis down to the component/part level for both field and internal product issues
- Prioritize work based on the Sustaining Engineering team’s metrics by completing analysis within the specified goals
- Meticulously record steps taken in the root cause investigation and record outcomes in Onsets investigation tracking system
- Build trend reports and communicate findings to team lead and engineering management
- Pair electrical technician skills with process/workflow optimization techniques to create continuous improvements to the overall quality of Onset products
- Be eager to learn and willing to take feedback; have the initiative to seek opportunities to help continually improve Onset products and processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to complete root cause and failure analysis
- Familiarity with equipment typically found in an electronics lab environment
- A strong understanding of electro-mechanical design and manufacturing
- At least five years experience in an engineering technician role
- Ability to solder, including surface mount and through-hole components
- Familiarity with problem-tracking tools and ERP systems
EEO/AA. No calls please.