The customer representative is responsible for providing world-class customer service for Onset’s internal and external customers. The position requires onsite support until fully trained, then option to work remotely.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work directly with domestic and international customers either by telephone, electronically, or face-to-face
- Set up new customer accounts and update existing account information accurately and within established entry guidelines
- Enter customer estimates, orders, order changes, return authorizations (RMAs), and service request orders (SROs) according to established department policies and procedures
- Work closely with production, purchasing, and shipping to expedite backordered inventory for expedited order requests
- Gather customer credit information and work with the accounting department to set up customer payment terms and resolve credit issues/invoice price adjustments
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries for pricing and lead-time information
- Handle and resolve customer complaints
- Partner with the sales and technical support teams to meet and exceed customers' service expectations
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed
- Contribute to company’s continuous improvement culture by suggesting department improvements with plan to implement
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties of personnel so classified. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in a fast-paced environment. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is full time and does not require supervisory responsibility.
- Customer focus, flexibility, attention to detail
- Communication, decision-making, judgement
- Initiative, job knowledge and skills
- Problem-solving, productivity, quality
- Self-development and teamwork
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of customer service experience within a high-tech environment
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- Phone support experience required
- Computer skills: MS Office required, Syteline & Salesforce preferred
- Lean knowledge a plus
- Interpersonal, patience, sense of urgency
- Detail oriented, problem solving/analysis, time management
- Excellent written/verbal communication, teamwork
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Office employees must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Light-assembly employees, engineers, and warehouse employees must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
No calls please. EEO/AA.
Please contact us at email@example.com