The Software Sustaining Engineer is a member of the software engineering team and a supporting contributor to one or more major projects to diagnose, maintain, implement, test, and support software products in the field and in development for Onset data loggers and gateways.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and/or participate in design, development, and implementation of sustaining software projects
- Contribute to several projects concurrently
- Provide leadership and ownership for major facets of Onset software technical support investigations
- Maintain, improve, and add features to Onset’s suite of customer-facing software applications
- Investigate technical support issues and provide resolution recommendations and implementations
- Serve as primary interface with Onset’s customer-facing support team on software technical support issues
Other duties as assigned
- BS CS, BS EE, or equivalent; 5+ years of experience
- Strong investigation, analysis, and debugging skills
- Self-starter, not afraid to dig into problems
- Working knowledge of data warehouse and SQL databases
- SQL language expertise
- Java and C# application-development expertise
- Expertise in at least one scripting language
- Experience working in interdisciplinary development teams
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Office employees must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Light-assembly employees, engineers, and warehouse employees must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. While performing the duties of these jobs, the employee may work near moving mechanical parts, machine tools, hazardous chemicals, or electrical components that are highly susceptible to electrostatic discharge
EEO/AA. No calls please. Local candidates only.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org