THE 2019 HOBO PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED
SHARE YOUR BEST PHOTO OF YOUR LONG-RUNNING/LONG-DEPLOYED HOBO DATA LOGGER
AND YOU COULD WIN
A $250 CREDIT TOWARDS A NEW HOBO DATA LOGGER!
The 2019 Onset #HOBOPhoto Contest entry period begins on October 15th, 2019 and ends on November 15th, 2019.
Take a picture of your long-deployed/longest-running HOBO Data Logger in a monitoring application
If submitting on Facebook: Post the photo as a comment in the original Contest post with the hashtag “#HOBOPhoto” (NOTE: Original Contest post will be pinned to the top of the Onset Facebook page during the Contest period)
If submitting on Twitter: Tweet your photo to @HOBODataLoggers using the hashtag “#HOBOPhoto” in the content (NOTE: Original Contest post will be pinned to the top of the Onset Twitter feed during the Contest period)
When posting your #HOBOPhoto entry to either the Facebook or Twitter page, tell us the HOBO data logger model (U20L, RX3000, UX120 etc.), how long it has been deployed, and what it is helping you monitor.
The Contest is open to individuals who are at least 18 years old, are currently using a HOBO data logger and are not current Onset employees or directly affiliated with Onset. To participate, entrants must have a Facebook or Twitter account that is open to the public (an account where anyone can subscribe to follow your photos, or view your tweets).
All entries must comply with the following criteria:
- Your entry and image must be your own original work, created and shot by and/or featuring you; must not have been previously published, released or distributed in any form; must not have been entered into any other drawing or competition nor won any award. Modification of an existing image does not count as original for purposes of this Contest.
- The entry and image must not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any person or entity, including without limitation copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, or that is defamatory, threatening, indecent, obscene or offensive, or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable laws or regulations, or which requires a license from any third party.
- You have the express consent of any identifiable persons appearing in the entry or image to their likeness being used.
- The entry and image must not contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity (with the exception of Onset) or any third party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product, or service.
- The entry and image must comply with all of Facebook and Twitter's requirements and terms regarding the use of their services.
Entries that do not comply with the above requirements will not be eligible. Onset reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it believes violates any of the contest rules. Onset reserves the right to disqualify any entrant. All entries are subject to verification.
After the Contest Period ends, eligible entries will be reviewed. The selected winner is subject to verification of eligibility.
The Winner will, upon verification, receive a $250 credit towards any HOBO Data Logger. Prize details and availability are subject to change, in which case a prize of equal value may be substituted.
Onset will notify the winner within a few weeks after the contest ends. The potential winner will be required to provide a Facebook account, email address for communication and to establish the award credit in their account. If a potential winner does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours after the first attempted contact from Onset, he or she will be disqualified and the prize awarded to an alternate winner.
NOTE: Winner must use their credit within 90 days after being notified.
PUBLICITY & MARKETING:
Submission of an entry and/or image in the Contest gives permission to Onset to use entrants’ photo entry for purposes of advertising and trade, in any medium, without further notice, approval, or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Onset reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest for any reason.
- Onset reserves the right to disqualify or prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation or with any provision in these rules.
- Onset will not collect any information that would qualify as personal data during the entry process.