E-learning Course: Using Excel® to Evaluate Building and System Data
Learn at your own pace!Cost: $95 USD
Mark Stetz, author of the award-wining Energy Professional's Guide to Data Loggers has developed a new pre-recorded e-learning course for energy professionals. Learn to manipulate time-series data from loggers, building automation systems, or utility interval data using Microsoft Excel. This course has been approved for one GBCI credit hour. You will learn how to:
- Calculate energy consumption by time-of-use
- Calculate maximum, minimum, and average temperatures for occupied & unoccupied periods,
- Merge time-series data from different sources
- Create informative graphs
These manipulations and calculations are necessary to convert time-series data to actionable information for energy auditing, commissioning, measurement & verification, and diagnostic purposes.
- Work confidently with time-series data from data loggers and building automation systems
- Merge data from multiple sources
- Filter and segregate data into relevant time-of-use periods
- Calculate average and peak values by time-of-day or weekday/weekend
- Create and format time-series and scatter graphs that show relationships as a function of time or between variables
- Calculate basic statistics on a data set, including histograms and linear regressions
Target Audience: This course is targeted at commissioning agents, energy consultants, simulation modelers, facility operators, and anyone who uses data loggers, extracts data from a building automation system, or needs to evaluate building load profiles.
Prerequisite: A general knowledge of the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet program, data loggers, building automation systems, and utility interval data is expected. Module 6 assumes a basic knowledge of statistics and linear regression models.
Course Length: This online e-learning course is approximately 2 hours in length and is presented in six pre-recorded modules, each with a tutorial followed by an Excel demonstration to facilitate the learning process. Users will work at their own pace, one module at a time, with the ability to repeat and review the course for up to 30 days.Cost: $95 USD