BOURNE, MA, August 17, 2005 — Onset Computer Corporation, a leading supplier of data loggers and weather stations, today introduced the Leaf Wetness Smart Sensor, a new plug-and-play sensor for the company's award-winning HOBO Weather Stations.
Designed to emulate the surface of a leaf, the Leaf Wetness Smart Sensor provides accurate leaf wetness data in a number of growing and research applications. For example, it can help growers determine the proper time for applying fungicides, and help researchers understand the impact of leaf moisture on plant disease. Key features include:
- Embedded sensor design
- eliminates the need for painting the sensor before using.
- Unique capacitive grid technology
- provides resistance to surface residues from chemicals, dust and other contaminants.
- Plug-in, modular connector
- enables easy connection to HOBO Weather Stations.
- Adjustable mounting bracket
- enables the sensor to be easily positioned to mimic the wet-dry characteristics of the plants being studied
The Leaf Wetness Smart Sensor is preconditioned to maximize long-term measurement consistency, and works with Onset's 15-channel HOBO Weather Station and 4-channel HOBO Micro Station. The sensor is available immediately from Onset for $99.
Evan Lubofsky, Director of Marketing
Onset Computer Corporation
Direct Tel. (508) 743-3181
email: Evan Lubofsky
About Onset Computer:
Onset Computer Corporation has been producing small, inexpensive, battery-powered data loggers and embedded controllers since 1981, and has sold over 900,000 loggers that are used throughout the world by over 40,000 customers. The company manufactures a broad range of data logger and weather station products that are used to measure temperature, humidity, light intensity, voltage, and a broad range of other parameters. Onset products are used in a variety of research, commercial, industrial, and educational applications.