Onset is seeking an engineer with strong C#, Windows UWP, and Xamarin experience. The ideal candidate will be an experienced full stack C# developer with an understanding of how to manage the application lifecycle on Windows.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role requires working as a member of a team and as a primary contributor to one or more major projects, to design, develop, test, and support product development for Onset data loggers and support products.
- Critical contributor to design and development efforts for new releases and sustaining improvements of Onset products.
- Capable of completing the design and development activities for most elements of an application and/or system. Lead and/or participate in conceptual design, development, and implementation efforts in the engineering of Onset products. Develop rapid prototypes as applicable.
- Ability to multitask and contribute to several projects concurrently.
- Provide mentoring to other team members; help raise the team’s skill level.
- Help automate and streamline Onset operations and processes.
- Build and maintain tools for installation and deployment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
Other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a minimum of five years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree or three years and a Master's degree
- Demonstrated expertise of your primary engineering discipline and success in developing and delivering products to market
- Solid understanding of current and emerging technologies within your primary engineering discipline and experience in understanding new technologies and methods
- Strong teamwork, communications, and inter-personal skills; demonstrated cross-functional participation across disciplines and internal organizations
- Strong background in C# and UWP desktop applications (3+ years required)
- Strong experience with Xamarin (3+ years required)
- Experience with REST web services
- Familiarity with Bluetooth (BLE) communications
- Familiarity with Java
- Familiarity with iOS and MacOS (Swift and Objective C) development
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies