Part of the hardware engineering team, the Hardware Engineering Lab Technician will work closely with the engineering team in the development, testing, qualification, and support of Onset hardware from design through release to manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and monitor design verification tests
- Analyze and record test results and prepare test documentation
- Create prototype hardware by integrating electrical and mechanical subassemblies
- Create support equipment including but not limited to wiring harness, prototype assemblies, test cells, etc.
- Support released product through deviations as needed
- Interpret and work from schematics, diagrams, and written and verbal instructions
- Perform preventative maintenance and calibration of lab equipment, as needed
- Ability to solder (including surface-mount and through-hole components, as well as cable assemblies) using soldering irons and hot air stations
- Ability to safely use basic machine-shop tools including but not limited to drill press, band saw, etc.
- Strong communication and team skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently coordinate several tasks at once
- Basic understanding of analog and digital circuits, required
- Ability to use basic diagnostic tools including multimeters, oscilloscopes, and power supplies
- Ability to set up through verbal and written instructions advanced diagnostic equipment including EMC/EMI, spectrum analyzers, and signal amplifiers
- Working knowledge and ability to use MS Office suite including, Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Familiarity with debugging and troubleshooting of low power embedded systems.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a related field