Onset is seeking a DevOps engineer with strong Java and Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience. The ideal candidate will utilize several AWS services that support our custom Java-based software services (www.hobolink.com and www.intempconnect.com). The candidate will need to set up, configure, and monitor the whole stack: load balancers to filesystems and databases.
Working collaboratively with Engineering and IT to:
- Deploy and operate systems
- Help automate and streamline operations and processes
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations
- Monitor and maintain network security
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, staging, and stable (production) environments
- Share 24x7x365 pager duty with one or two other team members
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration (3+ years required)
- Strong background in Java EE (Web applications) (3+ years required)
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Go and Maven or an equivalent
- Experience with Cloud-based monitoring tools (preferably AWS CloudWatch)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (2+ years with AWS or Google Cloud is required)
- Experience with Highly Available (HA) services and infrastructure (load balancers, database clusters, and replication, application server pools)
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (3+ years required)
- Experience with Redshift or other data warehouse engine
- Experience with REST web services
- A working understanding of scripting languages (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- BS degree
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct support to production floor; provide guidance and clarification to production assembly staff.
- Assist in the resolution of component, assembly, and test issues affecting production; provide detail and possible solutions to management.
- Diagnose/troubleshoot analog and digital circuits on product and test equipment down to component level utilizing PLDs, schematic drawings, component datasheets, and basic electronic equipment.
- Perform and document repairs on defective units in a single-piece flow environment.
- Perform calibration and scheduled maintenance on test systems and fixtures.
- Interface with internal Production, Engineering, and Quality departments.
- Support and promote Onset’s Lean initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in electronics or technical vocational school equivalent
- Minimum five years of experience in an electronics assembly work environment
- Solid understanding of analog and digital components and circuit functions
- Good soldering skills, including SMT devices and components
- Ability to review and understand schematics, BOMs, PLDs, and component datasheets
- Proficient in the use of basic electronic and inspection equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, and microscopes, and basic hand and power tools.
- Solid communication skills at all levels within the organization
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand technical English with a high degree of proficiency
- Proficient with MS Windows and Office
Preferred Skills and Experience (not required):
- Working knowledge of IPC-A-610
- Experience working in an ISO9000 facility
- Experience with Microchip’s microprocessors and supporting equipment.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time